Getting to Know you:
- What gets you excited about life?
- What time do you get up and go to bed?
- Think through the idea of “dealing gently” with others from Heb.5:2 and how it calls us to put up with people without getting irritated or losing your temper. How can we live this out?
- In what area of your life do you need prayer for dealing gently with others?
- What side of the love/grace scale do you lean towards?
- 5:2 tells us to deal gently with those who are ignorantly going astray. How should we deal with those who are purposefully rebelling? Look up Deut.17:10-13, 1 Sam.15:23, Prov.17:11, Rom.13:1-2.
- Discuss the statement “our greatest moments of maturity are in the desert.”
- How does that make you feel?
- Is that a reality in your life?
- Have you found desert moments draw you closer to God or push you away from him?
- Obedience shows we really love God and are truly saved. Discuss Heb.5:9 in light of this reality.
- Look up Luke 6:46, John 14:23, James 1:22, 2 John 1:6 to help you explain the important connection between obedience and salvation.
Taking it Home:
- Wake up early, before anyone else does, at least one day this week to spend some alone time with God.
- Identify where and what God is asking you to obey him in and stop making excuses, saying no and step out in faith and obey. Tell someone what it is God is asking you to do to help hold you accountable.